Thursday, July 18, 2013

Ok so it’s been way to long since I last posted here. Summer is in full swing and I’m torn between enjoying my time off and agonizing over the crazy amount of work I need to do in order to be ready for September. I started organizing my classroom already (I’m so grateful to the maintenance workers to completed my floors first)! I’m going for a completely different layout this year. I’ve learned from my mistakes last year and am going for better traffic flow this year. Now that I have the basic setup done (pictures to come), I’m in the midst of the daunting task of organizing everything. My classroom has absolutely NO storage. I don’t have a closet or anyplace to put things out of reach and out of sight. I’m really trying to be efficient about how I put things away.

I’m also looking for a nice looking theme for my classroom. Last year was polka dots. I loved them, but I’m considering chevron for next year.

I’ve also done a lot of work on my math and reading instruction. I’m going to switch to the Math Work Stations model (Debbie Diller’s book) for Math Workshop. I’ve been making a lot of materials for the start of the year. I’m hopeful that this will help the kids stay more on task during their afternoon math lessons. We’ll see!




No comments:

Post a Comment