Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Classroom Organization

Second post in one night!

I wanted to share two things with you all. The first is my favorite part of my classroom. I spent a lot of time organizing my classroom library and making it Kindergarten-friendly. I put colored/lettered stickers on each book and book box so that the children can choose and return book independently. My students have really taken great care of the books! I tried to make it a comfortable nook to read and its certainly become one of their favorite places to spend time.


The next photo is a solution to a problem that has been driving me crazy since the start of the year. I noticed that many of the books the children were checking out from the library were becoming mixed up with my books in our class library. I don't know why it took me so long to think of a solution. I have 2 book display shelves so I labeled one Library Books and put it by our meeting rug and it is now the designated space for children's library books if they choose not to bring them home.


1 comment:

  1. I own The Library Mouse lol. It was a gift from Mich 2 years ago ....except I'm 26. Your kids are 5 lol

    ReplyDelete